- Lighting towers are a necessity on most sites. They have high maintenance cost historically such as fuelling costs, lamp and fitting replacements. Using built for purpose LED fixtures on existing lighting towers will significantly reduce the fuel burn per hour and regular re-lamping ceases. There are significant operational cost reductions by retrofitting with LED Sturdy Light fittings. In addition to the cost of life savings a wide range of optics can be combined to provide the light distribution for different applications from underground to roadway and from the high wall into the open cut mine.
- The design of the SLB range of fittings provides very effective and secure installation. Sturdy light has the design capabilities to make additional purpose built brackets to suit all retrofit applications.
- Fittings can be supplied with a HV (i.e. high voltage 240 volt) power supply to allow them to be used on mains power. The 24-volt DC high wattage and light output ranges are widely utilised.
- LED’s and electronics in general can be susceptible to problems from overheating because the lights on mobile fleet are on 24hours per day, 7 days a week. To overcome the heat every fixture in the SLB range has an active thermal management system in its circuitry, this will step dim the lights to prolong the life of the components within the fixture. (i.e. less power in the circuit means less heat being generated). The ambient thermal rating of the SLB range is -30°C to +50°C it is very unlikely that overheating of a fitting will occur.
- The design of the fittings make them easy to install on all sizes of mobile lighting plant with the SLB39 and SLB45 – 240. Sturdy light has the design capabilities to make brackets to suit specific applications on any piece of equipment.
- Correct choice for fittings is paramount, Sturdy Light have lighting engineers that can assist in choosing the correct fitting for the application. These recommendations will be based on the available power, the type of material being mined, (i.e. white over burden or black coal etc.) the visual effects on the environment (i.e. reducing light pollution) and reducing fatigue for operators by installing specific task lighting and peripheral lighting to minimise glare and impaired vision.
- Many machines work with transient power supplies with alternators that can put out a wide range of voltages from 16-16vDC cranking through to 27vDC and above when running. The circuitry inbuilt into the drivers in the fittings allows for this variation.
- Transient spike protection is built into every SLB fitting.
Power spikes are fast, short duration electrical transients in voltage (i.e. voltage spikes), current (i.e. current spikes), or transferred energy (i.e. energy spikes) in an electrical circuit.
Fast, short duration electrical transients (i.e. over voltages) in the electric potential of a circuit may occur and the SLB range of fittings have built in protection.
- Reverse polarity protection is installed in all fixtures in the Sturdy Light range.
- The SLB9, SLB39 and SLB95 fittings are supplied in 24vDC they can be installed buy staff that do not need Electrical certificates to work on mains powered installations. Technically HV (i.e. high voltage) 36-watt and 70-watt metal halide lights require registered electricians to change the lamps as they have HV ignitors in their circuits.
Environmental conditions can be detrimental to light fittings, The SLB range of fittings have many inbuilt features such as IK09 impact resistant ultra violet resistant polycarbonate lenses, multiple protective coatings on the housing to make them resistant to acid and alkali splashing on the fixtures and stainless steel hardware such as screws nuts and bolts