- Stacker Reclaimers have a multitude of lights fitted to walkways, bucket wheel high mast and general lights. Depending on the specific location of the Stacker Reclaimer governs what fitting type will be used. If the Stacker Reclaimer is being used in is a foggy area either warm LED, neutral white or cool white fixtures are used. Glare control can also be required in port and ship loading areas subject to the location.
- The design of the SLB range of fittings provides very effective and secure installation. Sturdy light has the design capabilities to make additional purpose built brackets to suit all retrofit applications.
- All fittings can be supplied with a HV (i.e. high voltage 240 volt) power supply to allow them to be used on mains power.
- LED’s and electronics in general can be susceptible to problems from overheating because the lights on mobile fleet are on 24hours per day, 7 days a week. To overcome the heat every fixture in the SLB range has an active thermal management system in its circuitry, this will step dim the lights to prolong the life of the components within the fixture. (i.e. less power in the circuit means less heat being generated). The ambient thermal rating of the SLB range is -30°C to +50°C it is very unlikely that overheating of a fitting will occur.
- The design of the fittings make them easy to install on all sizes of machines, fromSLB9, SLB39 and SLB45 – 240. Sturdy light has the design capabilities to make brackets to suit specific applications on a stacker reclaimer.
- Correct choice for fittings is paramount, Sturdy Light have lighting engineers that can assist in choosing the correct fitting for the application. These recommendations will be based on the available power, the type of material being mined, (i.e. white over burden or black coal etc.) the visual effects on the environment (i.e. reducing light pollution) and reducing fatigue for operators by installing specific task lighting and peripheral lighting to minimise glare and impaired vision.
- Many machines work with transient power supplies with alternators that can put out a wide range of voltages from 16-16vDC cranking through to 27vDC and above when running. The circuitry inbuilt into the drivers in the fittings allows for this variation.
- Transient spike protection is built into every SLB fitting.
Power spikes are fast, short duration electrical transients in voltage (i.e. voltage spikes), current (i.e. current spikes), or transferred energy (i.e. energy spikes) in an electrical circuit.
Fast, short duration electrical transients (i.e. over voltages) in the electric potential of a circuit are typically caused by:
- Lightning strikes
- Power outages
- Tripped circuit breakers
- Short circuits
- Power transitions in other large equipment on the same power line
- Malfunctions caused by the power company
- Inductive spikes
- Reverse polarity protection is installed in all fixtures in the Sturdy Light range.
- The SLB9, SLB39 and SLB95 fittings are supplied in 24vDC they can be installed buy staff that do not need Electrical certificates to work on mains powered installations. Technically HV (i.e. high voltage) 36-watt and 70-watt metal halide lights require registered electricians to change the lamps as they have HV ignitors in their circuits.
Environmental conditions can be detrimental to light fittings, The SLB range of fittings have many inbuilt features such as IK09 impact resistant ultra violet resistant polycarbonate lenses, multiple protective coatings on the housing to make them resistant to acid and alkali splashing on the fixtures and stainless steel hardware such as screws nuts and bolts.